1st LOG Insignia
Shoulder Sleeve Insignia. Description: On a disc 2 inches (5.08 cm) in diameter overall, between a blue center and a 1/8 inch (.32 cm) red border, a 9/32 inch (.71 cm) white band. Issuing from the white band on a 45° diagonal from lower right to upper left, a white arrow, the arrowhead terminating above the center of the blue disc.
Background: The insignia was originally approved for the 1st Logistical Command on 15 May 1952. It was amended to change the description on 23 January 1968. On 18 February 1971, the insignia was redesignated for the Headquarters and Headquarters Company and Special Troops, 1st Field Army Support Command. The insignia was redesignated for the 1st Field Army Support Command on 4 June 1971. It was redesignated for the 1st Corps Support Command on 8 September 1972. It was redesignated for the 1st Support Command on 22 October 1980. The insignia was redesignated for the 1st Sustainment Command with the description updated on 6 April 2006. (TIOH Dwg. No. A-1-28)
The 1st Logistical Command provide logistical support for the US Army, Vietnam from 1965 through 1970 from four major support commands throughout the country: Da Nang, supporting units of the Americal Division, the 1st Cav, and the 101st Airborne Division; Qui Nhon II Corps, Cam Ranh Bay, and Saigon, the largest of the commands.
The first Logistical Command was the largest command in Vietnam with responsibility to provide continuous and uninterrupted support for the Army divisions operating in Vietnam.